Open Public Records Act (OPRA) Requests:

Any OPRA requests should be submitted through the Cape May City Clerk’s Office or email

Motor Vehicle Accident Requests:

Motor vehicle accident reports will not be available at the police department.

Accident report requests should be made to For customer assistance, please call the LexisNexis support line at 886-215-2771.

Government Records Requests:

For other police reports other than a Motor Vehicle Accident please download and fill out the Government Records Request Form. Complete and sign the form. Be sure to circle the question regarding whether you have been convicted of an indictable offense.

Include a copy of your official photo ID (Driver’s License, State ID or Passport) and a self addressed stamped envelope and send to:
Dorann Heminway
Records Office, Cape May Police Department
Phone: 609-884-9539
643 Washington St.
Cape May, NJ 08204