Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get an Officer to check my house or business while I am on vacation?
- How can I go on a ride along with an Officer?
- How do I thank or compliment a member of the Golden Police Department?
- How do I get a copy of a police report or crash report?
- How can I get my fingerprints taken?
- What are the Police Department hours?
- When should I dial 9–1–1?
- What is the police department address?
Residents of the City of Golden can fill out the vacation watch form to ask Golden Police Department for a “vacation watch” on their home. Officers working the area will periodically check the home or building to make sure it is secure.
Ride-alongs with officers may be requested once every 6 months. Ride-along forms may be found under the Programs tab..
Visit the Professional Standards page for instructions.
If the incident occurred within the city limits of Golden, please visit the Police Records Division page for instructions on how to request police reports.
Please visit our Services page for information on how you can get your fingerprints taken.
The Police Department is available by phone 24/7/365. Please contact the Jeffcom non-emergency dispatch center at 303-980-7300 or dial 9–1–1 in the event of an emergency. If you come into the police department after hours, please pick up the red phone that will be to your left as you enter the city hall vestibule.
9–1–1 should only be dialed in an emergency. Please call 9–1–1 if:
- Your situation is an immediate threat to life or property.
- You are the witness of a crime that is actively occurring or has just occurred within the last 15 minutes.
- You require the immediate response of the fire department or ambulance.
Text-to-9–1–1 is available in an emergency situation where calling may not be possible. Please “CALL IF YOU CAN, TEXT IF YOU MUST”
For hearing impaired callers with a TDD (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf), call the Dispatch center using the emergency 9–1–1 or Jeffcom non-emergency dispatch center at 303-980-7300. The system is designed to activate tones via the phone line and allows the citizen to communicate by typing what they need to relay.
The Golden Police Department is located inside the Golden City Hall Building.