For detailed information about this program visit the Community Camera Program page.
Please complete this form to register your security cameras with the Golden Police Department.
By signing up, you WILL NOT be giving the Golden Police Department access to your cameras. This will only let us know you have cameras, and we may reach out to you if a crime happens in your neighborhood.
The goal of the Community Camera Program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Golden Police Department and the community we serve. Accordingly, all camera registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any footage containing/or related to criminal activity may be collected for use by Golden Police Department as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Relevant information is reserved for official use by the Golden Police Department and will not be released to any member of the public or press unless ordered to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction and/or a governmental agency with oversight authority over such information, including, without limitation, the Office of Open Records.
- If necessary, the Golden Police Department will contact you directly using the information provided on this site to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent/or employee of the Golden Police Department through the Community Camera Program.
- Under no circumstances shall the Golden Police Department utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.