Spring Break Home Safety
With spring break quickly approaching, we would like to remind you of the importance of securing your home before leaving for a vacation.
Burglars often target homes that appear unoccupied, which can make your home vulnerable to a break-in. To help prevent this from happening, we suggest the following home safety tips:
1. Make sure all doors and windows are securely locked before leaving.
2. Set your home security system or install one if you don't already have one.
3. Do not leave any spare keys outside, as burglars know all the common hiding spots.
4. Ask a trusted neighbor or friend to keep an eye on your home while you're away.
5. Put your mail on hold so that it doesn't pile up on your doorstep, giving the impression that you're not home.
6. Complete a Vacation Watch form to let the Golden Police Department know you'll be gone so we can help keep an eye on your place!
By taking these simple precautions, you can greatly reduce the risk of someone breaking into your home while you're away on spring break.
If you notice anything suspicious or see someone unfamiliar around your neighborhood, please do not hesitate to contact the police department. We are always here to help keep our community safe.
Wishing you a safe and enjoyable spring break.