Performs functions related to managing inmates, including: taking custody of inmates; conducting searches; completing required documents; patrolling detention facility; using force to maintain order and gain inmate compliance with lawful orders; and performing related functions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED; and
- One to two years of progressively responsible related experience; or,
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid Colorado Driver's License
- Colorado Peace Officers Standards and Training Peace Officer Certification desirable
- PPCT Certification
- First Aid and CPR Certification
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (All responsibilities may not be performed by all incumbents.)
- Processes and oversees inmates housed at the detention facility including: taking custody of inmates; performing visual, pat and strip searches; preparing and completing various documents and reports and entering related information into computer system; assessing inmates prior to incarceration; requesting or obtaining criminal history information; fingerprinting and photographing inmates; issuing clothing and supplies; conducting visual and audio surveillance; collecting contraband and completing reports regarding same; patrolling housing area; performing rescue functions during emergencies; processing inmates for release; administering medications; escorting or transporting inmates to various locations; accounting for inmate laundry; filling commissary orders and making purchases on inmate's behalf; processing inmate mail; and overseeing inmates assigned to work details.
- Performs maintenance and minor repairs on assigned vehicle and equipment; inspects and tests equipment to assure safety.
- Performs administrative functions, including: maintaining logs; tracking inventory of knives, keys, razors and related articles; counting and recording monies received; updating inmate lists and distributing same to various agencies; and maintaining affidavit information.
- Performs master/central control functions, including: assuring doors are secure; answering the telephone and providing information on prisoners; maintaining communications with staff and other law enforcement officials; maintaining logs; and screening visitors.
- Makes arrangements for inmate escorts to and from court.
- Prepares complex, routine and non-routine reports; receives, sorts, and summarizes material for the preparation of reports; prepares work reports; relays and interprets administrative decisions, policies and instructions.
- Fingerprints citizens for background checks, permit, per court order, etc.
- Submits maintenance requests for facility.
- Maintains weapons, equipment and uniforms in functional manner.
IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports administrative and/or operational problems to supervisor.
- Responds to fires and related emergency situations, as needed.
- Assists with juvenile watches, detoxification watches and mental health watches.
- Participates in various training activities.
Moffat County is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
To apply CLICK HERE