Mesa County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested Devin Maestas, 19, of Clifton for multiple counts of Internet Luring of a Child.
Maestas is facing the following charges:
- • Distribution of Sch 1/11 to a minor DF1
- • 8 Counts of Internet Luring of a Child F4
- • Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor F4
- • 19 Counts of Soliciting for Prostitution M3.
- • 1st Degree Criminal Trespass of an Auto M1
- • Theft less than $50.00 from an Auto PO1
- • Resisting Arrest M2
- • Obstruction M2
Maestas is accused of using Snapchat to send explicit messages, solicit sexual acts, and offer drugs to children as young as ten years old.
Maestas was arrested and booked into the Mesa County Detention Facility on April 1, 2022. For updated bond information, click here.
The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office would like to stress the importance of parents talking with their children about internet safety. Parents are encouraged to create an open dialogue with their kids about what is and isn’t appropriate behavior online and empower them to tell a trusted adult if boundaries are crossed. For more resources, click here.