How Does it Work?
The Keenesburg Police Department is a committed partner of Keenesburg's residents and business owners. Many businesses and homes operate surveillance systems. When crimes occur nearby, they are not always aware that their system may have captured information that could help solve the crime, thus keeping our community safer. Similarly, the police are also not always aware of who may have this potentially vital information.
We are asking residents and businesses across town to register their private surveillance camera systems so we know where potential evidence can be collected. As we respond to crimes and suspicious incidents, we might be able to use the information or footage gathered from the security cameras to assist us in identifying, apprehending and prosecuting criminals involved.
We will not have access to your cameras or their feeds. Registration simply makes us aware that cameras are present and may hold valuable clues or evidence. If a crime occurs that might have been captured on your camera, we will contact you and ask you to share the footage with us.
Please complete this form to register your security cameras with the Keenesburg Police Department.
The goal of the cameras registry program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Keenesburg Police Department and the community we serve. Accordingly, all camera registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any footage containing to/or related to criminal activity may be collected for use by Keenesburg Police Department as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Relevant information is reserved for official use by the Keenesburg Police Department and will not be released to any member of the general public or press unless ordered to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction and/or a governmental agency with oversight authority over such information. The Keenesburg Police Department asserts no ownership status or privilege over video content and will not release the footage as agency records.
- If necessary, the Keenesburg Police Department will contact you directly using the information provided on this site to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent/or employee of the Keenesburg Police Department through the camera registry program.
- Under no circumstances shall the Keenesburg Police Department use any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.