The Keenesburg Police Department strives to meet or exceed the public's expectations of us. If we didn't do that, we hope we can improve and do better in the future.
We appreciate your taking the time and effort to provide your feedback to the Police Department. Without feedback, positive and negative, we could not accurately measure how well we interact with the public on a daily basis.
The Keenesburg Police Department's policy is to accept and investigate all complaints of alleged employee misconduct or wrongdoing from any citizen, employee or any other sources, including anonymous sources. Our investigation might be formal or informal depending on the type and severity of the allegations made. Quality of service complaints and minor infractions of policies, procedures or other rules may be handled at the supervisory level through counseling, training or admonishment. Attempts to resolve your complaint informally can be made by the supervisor. In every case that a citizen lodges a complaint, the following actions will occur:
- The citizen will generally be contacted within twenty-four hours by a Police Department supervisor.
- The citizen may be asked to complete an official complaint form.
- A police supervisor will be assigned to carefully examine all the available facts and information. (S)He may review any video evidence collected from body-worn cameras or other sources, as well as witness statements and the officer's account of events.
- The citizen will be kept informed of the status of the investigation and will be notified in writing of its ultimate disposition.
- If the investigation shows that an employee of the Department violated the law or one of our Departmental policies or procedures, the employee will be disciplined accordingly. Our agency practices progressive discipline. If the investigations shows that the complaint was unfounded or that the employee acted properly, the matter will be closed without administrative action.