Do your plans have you going out of town or being away from home, maybe for a deserved vacation?
Keenesburg Police Department offers vacation house watch as a service to residents. During your absence Officers periodically check of the exterior of your home.
- What is a Vacation Watch? Your house will be checked by an Officer approximately every other day. This, of course, depends on the manpower and availability of Officers.
- What does the Officer do when checking my house? The Officer will walk around the home to ensure the house is secured and there are no signs of forced entry. They will also look for any signs that unwanted persons or vehicles have been there. They will watch for things that may seem out of the ordinary. The Officer will log the times of the check in their activity log.
- What happens if something is wrong? The person(s) you list as an emergency contact will be notified, most likely you will also be notified immediately afterwards. Don't forget to give us your cell phone number in case of an emergency.
- Some other parameters: Home is not for sale, must be a house or condominium, no one is staying at the house. This service is available only for residential properties.
Here are some vacation tips from Keenesburg Police:
- Leave a key with a friend or family member in case you receive a package, so it can be taken inside.
- Place a vacation hold on your mail and newspaper.
DISCLAIMER: House watches are not a guarantee that a burglary or other crime will not occur at your residence, but should provide you peace of mind while you're gone. We recommend that you safeguard against losses including securing of high-value property, locking doors and windows, and arming your alarm system, etc.