The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office deputies took James “Jimmy” Vaughn Wilcox III, 59, of Grand Junction, into custody Friday after a warrant was obtained for his arrest.
Wilcox is facing the following charges:
- 10 counts of False Information on Pawn Slips (F6)
- 10 counts of Pawnbroker Prohibited Acts - Penalties (M1)
- 1 count of Theft $20,000-$100,000 (F4)
- 2 counts of Theft $5,000-$20,000 (F5)
- 3 counts of Theft $2,000-$5,000 (F6)
- 3 counts of Theft $750-$2,000 (M1)
- 2 counts of Theft $300-$750 (M2)
- 2 counts of Theft $50-$300 (M3)
- 1 count of Soliciting for Prostitution in violation of 18-7-202 (M3)
This arrest is the result of a months-long investigation by the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office Major Offender Task Force, Crime Reduction Unit, and Investigations unit into fencing stolen property and prostitution solicitation. A search warrant executed at A Pawn, 353 Pitkin Avenue, resulted in the location of hundreds of confirmed stolen items valued at more than $75,000. All of the property recovered has been returned to its owners.
The case remains under investigation. Anyone with information about these crimes is asked to contact the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office at (970) 242-6707 or submit a tip below.
Wilcox was transported to the Mesa County Detention Facility on a $100,000 cash bond. For updated bond information, click here.