Concealed Handgun Permits
- All new and renewal CHP applications will be required to be submitted electronically.
- Our online applications are processed through a third-party provider called “Permitium.”
- The concealed handgun permit application process is still administered through the Sheriff's office.
How to apply for your Concealed Handgun Permit
- A valid email address is required for application submissions.
- All payments will be required to be submitted electronically.
- All applicants are required to select an appointment date to complete the application submission.
- Fingerprints, photo and your notarized signature will be completed at your scheduled appointment.
- Your application will be processed from the time of your completed appointment and your permit will be issued within 90 days from that date.
- Click here to start the online application process.
Concealed Handgun Permit Status Change Process: Information on how to submit a change of Address, Name Change or report your permit lost, Stolen, or Destroyed
CHP Status Change Form: If you need to change your name or address, or report your permit lost or stolen, please complete this form.
Proof of Residency: Documentation accepted for Proof of Residency.
CHP Statute Information
Some states may honor your permit, as this information is determined it will be posted/updated on the Colorado Bureau of Investigation’s Concealed Handgun Permit Reciprocity page.
**If you have additional questions, please contact the CHP Coordinator at 719-276-5524.