Police Blotter - Week of 9/25/2022
- Burglary 2nd; Criminal Contempt 2nd, 7:10 AM, Wednesday, September 21, 2022, Bank St. – On 9/21/2022, George J. HORNER, M/33, of Batavia, NY, was arrested on the above charges. It’s alleged that HORNER violated an order of protection, by entering the residence of the protected party. HORNER was arraigned in Batavia City Court, by Judge ROGERS and remanded to the Genesee County Jail on $2,500 cash bail, $5,000 bond, and $10,000 partially secured surety bond. He is due back in court on 10/25/2022.
- Course of Sexual Conduct Against a Child Less than Thirteen 2nd Degree, 12:00 AM, Tuesday, July 15, 2008, Ellicott St. – Rondal M. WASHBURN, M/62 of Stafford, NY, was arrested by Detective Ivison following a sex abuse investigation involving a child. WASHBURN was charged with course of sexual conduct against a child in the second degree involving a child under the age of thirteen. WASHBURN is accused of having sexual conduct with a child on two or more occasions while babysitting the child between July 2008 and July 2012. WASHBURN was arraigned in Batavia City Court and released under the supervision of Genesee Justice.
- Petit Larceny; Burglary 3rd, 11:11 PM, Sunday, September 11, 2022, Oak St. – Matthew R. TAYLOR, M/39, HOMELESS was arrested on the above listed charges after an investigation, where TAYLOR allegedly burglarized and stole property from a local business. TAYLOR was arraigned on the charges in BCC by Judge ROGERS and held to appear at a later date.
- Forcible Touching, 10:00 AM, Sunday, September 18, 2022, Richmond Ave. – On 9/19/2022, Albert G. PLATTON, M/76 of Batavia, NY, was arrested for forcible touching after an investigation into complaint. It is alleged that PLATTON touched a staff member of the facility in a sexual manner. PLATTON was issued an appearance ticket scheduled to appear in Batavia City Court on a later date.
- Felony Driving While Intoxicated; Felony – DWI >.08% BAC; Leaving Scene of Property Damage Accident, 8:52 PM, Sunday, September 18, 2022, Jackson St. – On 9/18/2022, Nancy E. CHATT, F/77 of Batavia, NY, was arrested for the above charges after she allegedly struck a utility pole on Jackson St, and was found to be operating her vehicle while intoxicated. CHATT was arraigned in front of Judge ROGERS of the Batavia City Court, released on her own recognizance with a return court date of 10/19/2022 at 3:00 PM.
- Petit Larceny, 11:30 AM, Saturday, September 17, 2022, Willow St. – On 9/17/2022, Brittanee J. HOOTEN, F/33 of Batavia, NY, was arrested on the above stated charge after an investigation into the reported larceny from a local business. HOOTEN allegedly placed items in her purse and passed all points of sale without paying for the merchandise. HOOTEN was issued an appearance ticket and is to return to Batavia City Court on 9/27/2022 at 1:00 PM.
- Criminal Contempt 1st; Assault 3rd Degree; Unlawful Imprisonment 2nd Degree, 10:30 AM, Friday, September 16, 2022, Eleanor Pl. – Jessica B. ESCHENLAUER, F/33 of Batavia, NY, was arrested on 9/16/2022 for the above listed charges after a domestic incident that occurred at a residence in the City of Batavia. ESCHENLAUER allegedly restrained another person, who was the protected party of an active order of protection, and punched that same individual, causing physical injury. ESCHENLAUER was arraigned in Batavia City Court and is scheduled to return to Batavia City Court at a later date.
- Harassment 2nd; Criminal Trespass 2nd, 4:54 PM, Sunday, September 18, 2022, North St. – On 9/18/2022, Rachel S. WRIGHT, F/18 of Batavia, NY, was arrested for Criminal Trespass in the 2nd Degree and harassment in the second degree after she was allegedly trying to engage in a fight with another individual. WRIGHT was issued appearance tickets with a return court date of 10/04/2022 at 1:00 PM.
- Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 3rd; Following too closely; Failed to stop for a School Bus; Driving While Ability Impaired - Drugs, 6:59 AM, Tuesday, September 13, 2022, Ellicott St. – On 9/13/2022, Samantha M. KENT, F/29 of Le Roy NY, was arrested on the above charges. KENT was arrested after she was involved in a motor vehicle accident with a school bus. KENT was allegedly found to be operating her vehicle while impaired by drugs, with a suspended NYS driver’s license. She was arraigned in Batavia City Court and released on her own recognizance. She is due back in court on 10/11/2022.
- Bench Warrant, 12:30 PM, Sunday, September 18, 2022, Ellicott St. – Christine M. CAPLIS, F/42 of Batavia, NY, was taken into custody on a Bench Warrant issued out of Batavia City Court. She was released and directed to appear in Batavia City Court on 9/22/2022 at 1:00 PM.
- Aggravated Harassment 2nd, 10:36 PM, Friday, May 6, 2022, E. Main St. – On 9/14/2022, Shyanna M. WILLIAMS, F/19 of Hamburg NY, turned herself in to BPD on a warrant for Aggravated Harassment 2nd. The charge follows an investigation into a harassment complaint on 5/6/2022. WILLIAMS was arraigned in BCC and ROR’d with a return court date of 10/19/2022 at 2:00 PM to Batavia City Court.
- Failure to Appear on Appearance Ticket, 1:00 PM, Tuesday, June 28, 2022, W. Main St. – Amanda L. HUBER, F/40 of Batavia, NY, was arrested on a warrant out of Batavia City Court following an incident on W. Main St. in the City of Batavia. HUBER was issued another appearance ticket scheduling her to return to Batavia City Court on 9/15/2022 at 1:30 PM.