POLICE BLOTTER - 5/10/2022
The City of Batavia Police Department report the following arrests for the period of 4/30/2022 - 5/5/2022.
1. Ronald E. Brown, age 63 of East Main Street, Batavia was charged on 5/5/2022 with two counts of Harassment in the second degree. It is alleged that Brown spit at an individual and threatened to kill another individual. He was arraigned in City Court and released to appear on 5/19/2022 for further proceedings. The incident was investigated by Officer Peter Flanagan.
2. Rufus G. Johnson, age 28 of North Chili was charged on 5/7/2022 with Failure to Appear after having received an Appearance Ticket for a larceny that occurred at a local business in March of 2022. Johnson failed to appear in City Court as scheduled and a warrant was issued for his arrest. He was arraigned in City Court and released pending a new court appearance date. The incident was investigated by Officer John Gombos.
3. John W. Murphy, age 49 of Hutchins Street, Batavia was charged on 5/7/2022 with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs following a traffic stop for a moving violation. Murphy then refused to submit to a chemical test. He was arraigned in City Court and scheduled to reappear at a later date to answer the charges. The incident was investigated by Officer John Gombos and Officer Kevin DeFelice.
4. Kimberly A. Brodsky, age 30 of Rochester was charged on 5/3/2022 with Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle following the issuance of an arrest warrant for an incident that occurred on 4/13/2022. Brodsky used another person's vehicle without their consent. Rochester Probation located and turned over Brodsky to the Batavia Police Department for processing. She was arraigned in Batavia City Court and released under supervision to reappear 5/25/2022. The incident was investigated by Officer CJ Lindsay and Officer Nicole McGinnis with the assistance of Monroe County Probation.
5. Loretta L. Baer, age 50 of Wood Street, Batavia was charged on 5/3/2022 with Failure to Appear in City Court following the issuance of an appearance ticket for the charge of harassment. She was arraigned in City Court and released to appear on 5/25/2022 for further proceedings. The incident was investigated by Officer Wesley Rissinger and Officer Stephen Quider.
6. Brian M. Raphael, age 34 of Fisher Park, Batavia was arrested on 4/30/2022 on a bench warrant for the charge of Petit Larceny from an incident that occurred in March of 2022. Raphael failed to appear after an appearance ticket was issued. He was arraigned in City Court on the warrant and released to reappear 5/3/2022 for further proceedings. The incident was investigated by Officer Peter Post.
7. Jessica L. Holtz, age 38 of Williams Street, Batavia was arrested on 5/1/2022 on two bench warrants issued by Batavia City Court after having failed to appear on two charges of Petit Larceny. She was arraigned and released to appear 5/3/2022 for further proceedings. The incidents were investigated by Officer CJ Lindsay, Officer Wesley Rissinger and Officer Stephen Smith.
**All individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law**