Support Services Division
The Support Services Division of the Craig Police Department consist of the following:
- 3 Investigators
- 1 ACET (All Crimes Enforcement Team) Investigator
- 1 Evidence Technician
- 1 Records Supervisor
- 1 Records Technician
Investigative Section - the Investigations Section focus on all major crime categories including homicide, robbery, sexual assault, domestic violence, burglary and major thefts. The investigator’s primary responsibilities include conducting interviews and interrogations of suspects, witnesses and victims; crime scene management, collection, storing and processing of evidence; operation of specialized equipment, and preparation of warrants, affidavits and other official documents. All the investigators are part of a multi-agency sexual assault response team. The ACET (All Crimes Enforcement Team) Investigator is assigned to a regional multi-agency team that specifically investigates major crimes that are affecting the entire 14th Judicial District of Colorado. This team’s primary responsibility is drug enforcement.
Evidence Technician- Blake Abdella is responsible for collecting and preserving evidence in major cases. He also manages the evidence property room of the Moffat County Safety Center. Any questions regarding the release of property or evidence should be directed to Blake. He can be contacted Tuesday through Friday at (970) 826-2369.
Records Section- The Police Records Team is the central repository of our criminal justice records and incident reports. In summary they provide the following services for our department:
- Maintains the security, credibility and accountability of all police case reports.
- Provides police records to citizens, insurance companies, and other government agencies in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
- Enters statistical crime information through Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for the National Incident Based Reporting System (NIBRS) as mandated.
- Releases copies of the Craig Sex Offender Registration list in accordance with all applicable state statute.
- Archives police records in accordance with all applicable state statues in regard to the retention, destruction, and preservation of public records
- Forwards case and accident reports to the Craig Municipal Court, Moffat County Courts and the 14th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.
- Monitor Correctional Alternative Placement Clients through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation
Any requests for records or any questions in regards to the release of criminal justice records should be directed to the records section at (970) 826-2360. The records section is open Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, except on all major holidays.