A Manheim Township man charged with raping and sexually abusing two teenage girls for more than seven years will have his case proceed to county court after waiving his preliminary hearing last month.
Sheron Dante Maxie, Jr., 22, waived his preliminary hearing before Judge Courtney Monson on Dec. 10 on charges of rape of a child, aggravated indecent assault of a child and 11 counts of indecent assault of a person less than 13 years of age.
Maxie is accused of repeatedly abusing the two girls at his residence in the 500 block of Candlewyck Road between January 2012 and June 2019.
Investigators began looking into Maxie in September 2025 after one of the victims reported that he had sexually abused her and a second victim beginning from when she was about 5 years old in January 2017. The abuse continued until she was 7 years old around June 2019, the victim told police.
A second victim told police Maxie began sexually abusing her at his residence sometime around January 2012, when she was also around 5 years old. The abuse continued until around June 2019 when she would have been 12, she told investigators.
Maxie is currently free on $50,000 unsecured bail.
Manheim Township Police Det. Nicholas Fritz filed the charges.
Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Ponessa will prosecute the case.
All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.