Online Reporting System


**If this is an EMERGENCY please call 911**

Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately.

Report Accidents Online HERE ►  

Is the online citizen police report filing system right for you?

You must be able to answer “yes” to each of the following:

  • This is NOT an Emergency?
  • This incident occurred within Golden city limits?
  • There are No Known suspects?
  • This is NOT a traffic accident/crash?

If you answered “yes” to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered “no” to any of the questions please review our FAQs to the right.

This is not the proper forum to report an automobile crash.  Please follow this link to make an online crash report

After you’ve completed the report, you will:

  • See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
  • Be given a police report case number.

Please Note:

  • All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
  • Filing a false police report is a crime.
  • If you need a copy of your report after it is filed, please visit Police Records Requests.

What incidents can I report online?

Using the Golden Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the incidents such as:

  • Property Damage
  • Lost Property
  • Telephone Harassment (*read more below) 
  • Theft
  • Fraud / Identity Theft
  • Graffiti
  • Animal Complaints
  • Criminal Mischief
  • Code Enforcement Complaints
Online Reporting FAQs

Question: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer: If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 303-384-8045.

Question: What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer: No, if a crime took place outside of the City of Golden, please call the police department for that city.

Question: What if this happened on a state Freeway?
Answer: If this took place on a state Freeway, please report the accident through the CSP Accident Report site. Golden Police Department's online reporting system may not be used for accident reporting. Please use the link above to report an accident. 

Question:  What is a “known suspect”?
Answer:  A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.

Please be sure to review the entire list and information on this page, then click on “Start Incident Report” to begin.

If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Golden Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 303-980-7300) to file your report.

Harassing Phone Calls: If you have been the victim of harassing calls and do not know the person who is calling, you can use this system. After completing your report, please contact your phone service provider, as noted on your telephone bill, with the report number you receive at the end of this process. Follow your phone service provider’s instructions and keep track of when calls occur and the number they are from (if you have caller ID).

Only information with the red asterisk * are mandatory. If you have an email address please enter it so you can get the status of your report (email addresses are not used for any other purpose).